Future-driven Innovation – from signals to revenue
In this course, participants will learn how to identify innovation opportunities in the context of your organization, based on future studies, scenarios and foresight — and learn how to ACT on them.
The course is organised in two full-day modules. Module 1 introduces you to scenario planning and how to define strategic directions for innovation and opportunity search fields. This is where you scout for opportunities using data-driven search engines and other tools. Module 2 teaches you how to act on the identified concepts.
Module 1 – from futures to opportunities
In this module, you will get an introduction to scenario development and learn how to:
- Set up foresight radars
- Define search fields
- Set up scouting routines for opportunity identification
- Run intelligence cycles for constant monitoring.
Module 2 – from opportunities to revenue
In this module, you will learn about:
- The front-end of innovation: From ideas and insights to new product development
- Innovation ecosystems and start-ups: Incubators, accelerators and innovation venturing
- Opportunity assessment: Value propositions, business model innovations, rapid prototyping
- Organizational blueprints for innovation: Designing and managing your innovation system.
After your participation in the course, you will…
have learned the best practices in foresighting, scouting and constant monitoring. You will have gathered inspiration of how to boost future-driven innovation in your organisation. You will have developed deep insights into how to organise and operate an innovation system - using cutting edge tools and practices. You will be better trained to lead your organisation towards open and collaborative innovation.
Who should attend?
Mid to senior-level managers who work with innovation, new business creation, corporate strategy, new product development, and research.
Frank has over 15 years hands-on experience with how to make innovation work successfully in big organisations. Before joining CIFS he was the Head of Innovation Development at Novozymes. Frank is on the advisory board of the Chemical Invention Factory Berlin (start-up development hub) and teaches as guest faculty at the Copenhagen Business School. He is also a member of the World Economic Forum’s expert network on innovation.
The course will take place over two full days. The course will consist of a mixture of presentations and workshops facilitated by CIFS researchers and consultants with years of global experience.
For more details, contact us.
DKK 12.800 + VAT per person, incl. breakfast, lunch, refreshments and course material.
- Members: 15% discount
- Subscribers to Scenario Knowledge package: 10% discount
- Additional participants from the same organization: 10% discount